How fast can water damage ruin a home?
When it comes to water damage, time does not heal all wounds. The secondary destruction that will inevitably take place as time passes causes considerably more damage to your home. Learn the unfortunate side effects of water damage left uncorrected in a home.
Water damage within minutes
- Water contamination spreads, rapidly increasing claim costs.
- Moisture-sensitive furniture finishes begin to turn white.
- Furniture standing on saturated carpets will begin to leach and stain the carpeting.
Water damage within hours
- Furniture in direct contact with water begins to delaminate and swell.
- Normal household odors, amplified by humidity, become glaringly apparent.
- Dyes from non-colorfast fabrics begin to bleed.
Water damage within days
- Fungi appear, along with their characteristic musty odors.
- Severe warping and cupping of wood becomes apparent. Wood floors may become unsalvageable.
- Paint blisters, and wallpaper adhesives release and start to peel away.
- Wood structural members begin to swell, warp and split apart.
SERVPRO of Grand Prairie is here for all of your restoration needs.